Preparing the learners for the
post covid classrooms
The COVID-19 pandemic has undoubtedly changed the pattern and system of education drastically and may beforever.For a country like India,where it was extremely difficult to even imagine online classes and online schooling,COVID-19 pandemic literally forced us to adapt and adjust as per the current situation.
The COVID-19 has resulted in schools shut all across the world. Globally, over 1.2 billion children are out of the classroom.Teachers and students should now come forward and encourage their friends to come to school and follow Covid protocols. All over the world, schools had to switch to e-teaching and online schooling systems to be able to do justice with the future of students.It took time for students and teachers to get used to online teaching system after various rounds of trainings and workshops.
Now,getting back to schools post COVID would not be same as before.Things would not be same for many.As manywould have lost their close ones,many would have gone through trauma and crisis occurred during COVID-19pandemic and many would have got used to online learning.
Preparation and challenges faced by teachers/schools:
• With the increase in technology and growing needs and demands of the students,teachers need to now adapt themselves with the latest technology to be used in offline classes.
• As students have now got used to online learning- videos,presentations and virtual tours.There has to be compulsory computer education for all teachers.This includes art,music,dance,theatre etc.
• Now that parents have got used to interference as they sit along with their child during online classes, teachers need to handle these issues with utmost patience and confidence.
Preparing learners for the post COVID classrooms:
It will certainly take time,but it is important that students try to come back to their normal school life andunderst and the importance of offline school.
• It is important to make students understand the COVID protocols and make sure they follow them sincerely.• It will certainly take time,but it is important that students try to come back to their normal school life and understand the importance of offline school.
• Students must get time to time counselling and workshops on different topics related to like skills.
Activities that might help to encourage student participation:
• We must encourage COVID-19 protocols.
• We can encourage students to prepare their own classroom rules for COVID-19.
• We must encourage students to run a campaign whereby they all convince at least two family members to get fully vaccinated.
Vaneet Kaur, MCom, BEd, BCom (Hons), MPhil and pursuing PhD, is currently working as PGT Business Studies and Entrepreneurship in GD Goenka Public School, Greater Noida. She has authored Project Book on Entrepreneurship for class XII and has written many articles for newspapers and magazines. She has around 9 years’ experience in teaching and 2 years in corporate. She has also won many awards and prizes for inter school teacher competition and contests.