Educational Technology aims to improve education for the 21st century learners. As the ‘non-digital native’, the facilitator needs to access the benefits of this technology. Some of the advantages that can be directly seen are:
- The facilitator can post course material or important information that can be accessed by all the learners in a
shorter time.His/her responses can also be received by the facilitator and a feedback can be provided. It provides grounds for interactive learning and the facilitator is able to engage the learner in a positive manner.
- Facilitators who have successfully implemented technology into the classroom have more learners who are interested in learning the subject matter.
- The facilitator can share learning material for wider participation. This material can be used for long distance learning and can be accessed by a wider audience.
Certain aspects and terms used in technology can be grasped by solving the crossword puzzle given
- Operating system of many mobile devices, smart phones and tablets
- Most popular type of file format in which e-books are prepared
- Electronic device designed specifically to read e-books, like the Kindle
- Application for Mac and PC computers which gives access to music
- Type of an electronic display which operates a device by touching a screen with fingers
- A device from Amazon
- A technology that converts written text to speech using a voice synthesiser
- A type of display which produces a visible image due to a light source
- The most popular tablet in the world produced by Apple
- A brand of devices from Amazon